Titan America, LLC, is a leading environmentally and socially progressive heavy building materials company located in the eastern United States. Titan America is part of the TITAN Group, an independent, multi-regional producer of cement and other related building materials. Our products include cement, aggregate, ready-mixed concrete and fly ash beneficiation. TITAN Group has a record of continuous growth since its establishment in 1902. It has expanded its production and distribution operations into 13 countries, employing more than 5,500 people. Our products protect human life and personal property, improve the quality of life, generate economic prosperity and connect society.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Intern with our Aggregates department at our Miami, Florida facility. The internship will consist of the following:
- Provide survey support with Tremble GPS system and Kespry drone technology for various projects and monthly reports.
- Work along with Production Engineer on plant projects requiring both field work and computer drawings on AutoCad.
- Create and propose full scope of work, budget, and time frame for dust suppression system for main haul roads.
- Auxiliary road surveying, repair and maintenance to create optimal conditions for light and heavy equipment via coordination with quarry supervisor and subcontractors to implement proposed budget and design.
- Support team members with other assigned projects.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
- Graduate or student actively pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Excellent communication skills with professional decorum, oral and written with shop personnel, vendors, OEM suppliers, and management personnel.
- Strong attention to detail with analytical and judgment capabilities to anticipate issues.
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a team environment.
- Proficient ability in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Highly motivated to achieve goals and deliver result.
- Able to read and interpret vendor manuals and drawings.
- Able to perform cost analysis and work with structured budget.
- Able to write detailed reports.
- Able to proficiently use AutoCad.
- Committed to safety and teamwork-.
- Ability to organize, plan and execute tasks.
- Able to work towards specific goals and objectives.