Business Associate Program - Client Group, Boston, Class of 2021
The Business Associate (BA) Program is an exciting pathway into our firm for graduating, undergraduate Bachelor’s students who are interested in the variety of career opportunities available in the investment management industry. This three-year program will help you gain insight into our industry, firm and culture, as well as, knowledge of the many different business divisions that support our investment functions.
The program is split into two parts: The first 1.5 years, you will be developing your business and technical skillset all while assimilating into the firm, your job and our culture and the second 1.5 years, you will be discovering your long-term fit here at the firm and will be placed into positions across the firm that are complementary to your skills, interests, and business needs. BAs have successfully transitioned into roles on their current BA teams, onto other teams in the firm and into other offices (here in the US and across the globe.)
We expect new entrants to join the Business Associate Program in July 2021. During your first two weeks with us, you will be assimilated into the firm through our Base Camp Development Program. This program is designed to equip you with new skills and knowledge of our clients, industry, firm, and culture while developing a strong internal network that will set you up for a successful transition into the firm. By investing in your personal growth on day one, you will help us continue to exceed our client’s expectations.
The Client Group is dedicated to providing high quality service and investment solutions to all of Wellington Management’s clients, prospects, and consultants. Wellington Management serves an extremely diverse mix of institutional investors located in over 60 countries. Our clients include public funds, central banks, insurance entities, endowments, foundations, mutual fund sponsors, retirement plan sponsors — both defined benefit and defined contribution — and many other types of institutions. We view business development and relationship management as a point of differentiation among our peers. Our experienced professionals are typically specialized by client type and geography. In carrying out their respective functions, they will take into consideration local nuances and channel differences to ensure a thorough understanding of the unique needs of prospects and clients by being proactive, forward-thinking, and effective communicators.
This Business Associate (BA) role affords a unique opportunity for those individuals who are passionate about and are seeking to embark on a career in investment management in a client-facing role. As a Business Associate, you will collaborate with colleagues across the Global Relationship Group to help support the business development and relationship management efforts of the firm. This position will provide broad exposure to Wellington Management, as it will require interaction and collaboration with individuals across our Client Service Group, Investment Products & Strategies, Legal, and Compliance teams.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare presentation materials, briefing materials and other collateral materials for prospect calls and meetings as well as new business opportunities with existing clients
- Organize prospect and client meeting follow-up items and respond to ad hoc requests, as needed
- Qualify Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and work with internal constituents to ensure that each RFP receives the appropriate response
- Assist with analytics and competitor analysis
- Manage Salesforce to allow members of the Client Group to better coordinate client/prospect information and insights
- Oversee project work (i.e. analyze industry or channel trends, develop firm analysis, assist with headcount planning), as deemed appropriate
- Undergraduates from all majors graduating with a Bachelor’s degree between Fall 2020 – Summer 2021
- Demonstrated interest in investment management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated accomplishments in academics
- Proven leadership experience and participation in community service and extracurricular activities
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Highest ethical standards and integrity
- Well organized, ability to multi-task and detail-oriented
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Sharp quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills with ability to synthesize information
- Highly motivated self-starter, who knows how to take initiative, and has a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
Application information can be found via the job application page (Wellington.com > Careers > Campus Programs > View Jobs) or simply click on the green Apply Externally button.
For any questions, please email email@example.com.
Qualified candidates must submit:
- Résumé, 1 page length
- Statement of interest, 1 page length, indicating: (a) why you are interested in Wellington and (b) why you are interested in the Client Group role
- Unofficial transcript
All documents should be submitted at one time, bundled in PDF format titled with your Last and First name. Please note that you cannot change or update your application after you submit it.
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Candidates will be notified of their application status on an on-going basis. If selected to continue, first round phone screens may be scheduled.
The start date for the program is July 12, 2021.