STUDENT ENGINEER - GRADUATE STUDENT-R&D - AEROSPACE SYSTEMS ENGINEERING - OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA
Who We Are:
The Aerospace Systems Engineering Section in Oklahoma performs R&D engineering projects tied to DoD aircraft subsystems, including avionics and propulsion. Efforts include automated technology insertion, R&M improvements, supportability, enhanced troubleshooting processes.
Objectives of this Role:
- Generate advanced applications proving results for complex technical challenges
- Advance and apply new Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies to solve real life problems that increase troubleshooting and system maintenance capabilities
- Support the expansion of technological capabilities leading to process and performance improvement in maintenance and sustainment
- Develop solutions for DoD customer problems tied to aging aircraft and sustainment issues, to improve performance and prolong weapon system life
- Provide solutions to engineering problems to benefit current and future customers
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Present and pursue ideas for internal research and development to aid in long term business objectives tied to aerospace/avionics improvements through the use of AI/machine learning (ML)
- Develop techniques to support AI/ML tools
- Support development of toolsets supporting advanced predictability of failures and troubleshooting for DoD customers
- Support team in preparing and presenting solutions and approaches at internal and customer meetings and design reviews
- Support team involved in new business development activities including identification of new business opportunities, proposal writing, budget estimating, and customer presentations
- Must be pursuing a BS, Masters, or PhD in EE, CE or directly related engineering major
- Year round, co-op, or summer 2021 student
- Accomplished in AI/ML/Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN) algorithm development; EE, CE, or directly related
- Proficiency with development and use of AI, ML algorithms for real-world applications
- Ability to work effectively by oneself and in a team environment; Strong written communication and presentation skills; proficiency with MS Office products
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Work assignment is in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
For more information about this division, visit the Defense & Intelligence Solutions home page.