Architect or Architectural Draftsman
Job Types: Full-time, Internship, Contract
Pay: Based on Experience; Benefits for full-time employees
Date of Hire: Immediate
Job Description – Architectural Draftsman / Architect / Intern
Stogner Architecture is currently seeking self-motivated, detail-oriented and adaptable individuals to join our fast-paced environment. Our office is located in Rockingham, North Carolina.
We are interested in any of the following individuals:
- Recent graduates of Architecture or Architectural Technology programs
- Experienced Draftsmen or Licensed Architects
The ideal candidate has a willingness and desire to serve in some cross-function capacity, focusing on one primary area but with the opportunity to learn other roles within the overall organization. For example, you may be the primary designer on a project but also have the opportunity to be involved in some aspects of the field work/construction administration.
Description of Projects:
- 95% of our projects are commercial in nature. We do not focus on single family residential design.
- Project Size: typically $15k - $30 Million
- Design Types:
- Government / Multi-Family
- Office Buildings
- New Construction and Comprehensive Rehab
Responsibilities may include:
- Design: predevelopment, schematic design, design development and construction documents
- Code Reviews
- Cost Estimating
- Assist with bid period and construction administration services, including site visits and coordination with the owner and public agency(ies)
- Create project manuals and specifications (typical of an experienced hire, less so for recent graduates)
- Act as a liaison between our design professionals, contractors and clients
- Represent firm at PreBid, Bid or Construction meetings or as required
- Review RFIs, submittals and schedules
- Perform on-site observations and produce field reports
- Build and maintain favorable working relationships with clients, contractors and other team members
- Qualified applicants must be proficient in the design process, have strong communication skills, and be skilled in time management. Experience in Architecture or Construction Services is a plus, but not required in the case of recent college graduates.
- Experience in CAD programming is a requirement.
If you are interested in possibly joining our team, please submit a cover letter and resume.