Entry Level Landscape Designer
Ironwood Design Group is seeking a highly motivated Landscape Designer or Landscape Architect to become a part of our growing firm.
Landscape architecture is an art and a science–and exterior realization of a concept. Ironwood Design Group understands and applies timeless design principles to every project. Our experienced team honors the aesthetic of thought pioneers while embracing innovation. We strive to enhance the spirit of every project and maintain the integrity of every installation. Ironwood Design Group values design theory, tradition, discernment, and innovation above all else. Every installation starts with Ironwood Design Group’s four proven design principles; form, experience, visualization, and movement.
We represent over 70 years of experience in Landscape Architecture and Land Planning. Disciplines within our practice cover the following areas: Corporate and Commercial Environments, Residential Communities, Streetscape and Public Spaces, Parks and Recreation, Hospitality and Resorts, and Therapeutic Gardens.
Our efforts also extend to solution-based services like: Conservation and LEED Design, Green Infrastructure, Master Planning, Reclamation, Urban Design, and Project Management. Ironwood Design Group has achieved nationwide and local affiliation with ASLA, Atlanta Apartment Association, USGB, and ULI.
We look forward to working with you.
As a Landscape Designer on the Ironwood team, you will:
- Prepare planning and site design that is consistent with Ironwoods’ commitment to sustainable design.
- Performs site analysis including survey of existing conditions and field measurements.
- Ability to conceptualize across a broad range of scales and project types, from master-planned communities to urban environments at a planning level and detailed site design level.
- Ensures tasks are completed according to Ironwood’s standards.
- Prepares contract documents including details, sections, elevations, and schedules.
- Produces amendments, addenda, and bulletins.
- Assists in preparing adaptions and technical alternatives for project team review.
- Collaborate with and assist junior staff in the completion of projects.
- Utilize your skills in design application software
To join us, you should have:
- A professional degree in Landscape Architecture
- 0-3 years of experience
- Strong work ethic and desire to learn new skills in support of a growing planning and urban design practice.
- Strong conceptual thinking with an ability to communicate ideas both graphically and verbally.
- Strong proficiency with CAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word required
- Strong hand-graphics & rendering skills a must
- Design and technical experience at a consistently high level of accomplishment.
- Experience managing all phases of a project
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, verbal, listening, and written; including client presentation skills
- Problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- Professional Licensure not required
How To Apply
Qualified and interested candidates, can apply through Handshake or send an email to Jobs@IronwoodDG.com . Include a cover letter telling us why our studio interests you, your resume, salary requirements, and compact, representative sample of your recent work (no larger than 4MB). APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER AND PORTFOLIO/WORK SAMPLE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. You may opt to include a link to a single PDF file larger than 4MB via DropBox link or equivalent.