Transportation Project Manager 3
Construction Project Manager 3 – Transportation Project Manager 3
Oregon Department of Transportation
Operations – Urban Mobility Office
Strategic Initiatives Unit
Bring your project management expertise to our Urban Mobility Office! As a transportation project manager, you will lead project delivery efforts, including leading multiple teams through all activities necessary to ensure their portfolio of assigned capital improvement or infrastructure projects are moved through the applicable process phases and delivered within scope, schedule and budget. Apply today!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
This is a limited duration appointment that is expected to end on or before two years from date of hire. Limited duration appointments are benefits eligible and have a designated maximum length of service. This position has the potential to become permanent.
We may also fill this position as a rotational assignment open to current state of Oregon employees. Rotation candidates are required to meet the position’s minimum qualifications.
A day in the life:
- Negotiate and draft details for intergovernmental agreements.
- In consultation with agency procurement staff, identify and determine appropriate contracting tools for work needed.
- Develop consultant scopes of work contract documents.
- Lead consultant selection process, negotiations, and administer contracts.
- Assemble core project teams to perform engineering design and development work.
- Prioritize team activities, and monitor and evaluate team progress on tasks and deliverables against project scope, schedule and budget.
- Plan, coordinate and lead project team meetings.
- Coach and provide feedback to team members.
- Develop preliminary and final schedules for all assigned projects.
- Update and report on project schedules.
- Evaluate projects on a regular basis to ensure results meet quality standards.
- Collaborate with staff to plan, develop and implement various stakeholder engagement activities and communication strategies.
- Identify high risk areas for each project and develop, implement and monitor risk response plans and strategies.
- Work is performed in an office environment with occasional travel required.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.state.or.us.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Portland, Oregon!
What we need:
A bachelor’s degree in construction management, business administration, public administration, architecture, planning, or engineering; and five years progressively responsible experience related to the class series concept.
An associate degree (or comparable coursework) in architectural, construction or engineering technology; and six and one-half years progressively responsible experience related to the class series concept.
Eight years of progressively responsible experience related to the class series concept.
Possession of a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification awarded by the Project Management Institute (PMI), Oregon Project Management Associate Certification (OPMA) or other related certification will substitute for one year of the qualifying experience.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Experience developing outsourcing contracts and negotiating costs for complex highway construction projects, including those associated with alternative contracting techniques such as design-build, CM/GC or A+C (+D).
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary technical teams that include internal and outsourced hybrid teams to deliver planning and design phases of public works transportation projects.
- Experience developing/tracking project controls (schedule and budget) for public works transportation projects.
- Experience generating schedules in Primavera, Microsoft Project, or similar software.
Learn more and apply:
Our first application screening is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 17, 2021. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
Click on the green Apply Externally button to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 971-273-8687 or email ODOTRecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer