Staff Environmental Engineer/Scientist (Entry Level)
ERM is seeking a motivated Staff Environmental Engineer/Scientist, who is interested in participating on a variety of projects covering the full spectrum of ERM’s services, to join our consulting firm. Based in our Annapolis, MD or Washington, DC office.
In this role, you will work closely with Project Managers on EHS compliance, sustainability, remediation, and due diligence transaction projects. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging environmental projects for large industrial and global clients. Access to ERM's national EHS technical experts provide knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
- Provide technical assistance on EHS compliance, sustainability, site investigation and remediation, and due diligence transaction projects.
- Prepare plans, permits, and reports for hazardous waste, air quality, storm water, NPDES, and wastewater programs.
- Perform environmental compliance assessments and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Support the development of EHS compliance and management system programs.
- Provide general environmental compliance support to clients, including on-site assistance as needed.
- Perform Phase I environmental site assessments to support property transfer transactions.
- Conduct environmental field work, including groundwater, soil, sediment, and surface water sampling and ecological field studies.
- Perform multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and Project Managers to effectively manage projects.
- BS in engineering, environmental science, or related discipline. Masters a plus; Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Recent graduate to 3 years of relevant environmental experience or professional internships.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- EIT certification a plus.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!