Entry Level Electrical Engineer
Have digital and analog communications systems experience? Interested in supporting the Fleet Support and Naval Training program? Want to work for a mission-driven organization with work life balance? Apply to this Electrical Engineer posting!
The Submarine Test & Systems Engineering (STSE) group provides life-cycle support to Maneuvering Area Team Trainers and Virtual trainers deployed at several Naval Submarine bases around the country and Guam as well as pre-production units of those trainers located on the Kesselring Site in upstate New York. These trainers provide the latest simulation technology in support of training our Nuclear Operators within the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. With the significant increase in simulation products being delivered to the Fleet, a corresponding increase in the amount of support for those trainers is required. STSE also develops new trainers for the latest class of submarines.
An Electrical Engineering position is available to support existing trainers in the following areas:
- Implementation of ship alterations and engineering field changes
- Spare parts management and part obsolescence
- Trainer upgrades and technology refresh
- Trainer troubleshooting and repair, and new design
Additional responsibilities will entail the troubleshooting and repair of broken equipment as well as equipment redesign for obsolete components. This position will also support new trainer design, specifically in the replication of shipboard communications circuits and announcing circuits to function in a simulator environment. Some travel to Naval Submarine bases will be required.
REQUIRED SKILLS *
- Experience or college focus area with digital and analog communications systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university required.
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year of relevant experience; or
- Currently or previously EOOW qualified in the Nuclear Operations Program; or
- SRE Qualification
- Experience with motion control
- HMI experience
- Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program experience
- NNL Co-op and/or Intern experience
- PLC experience