Associate Civil Engineer - Bridge Structures
Ready to tackle infrastructure challenges? Want to take your engineering skills to the next level working on tough projects that make a huge impact on their communities? Parsons Chicago bridge group is seeking an entry-level Bridge Design Engineer with a desire to work on road and rail projects across Illinois, the Midwest region, nationally and internationally.
The Chicago bridge group includes over 25 dedicated professionals and is part of a larger Roads and Structures civil engineering practice. We have a number of senior engineers with expertise in: Steel Plate Girder Bridges, Prestressed Concrete Bridges, Cable Stayed bridges, and Movable bridges. In addition to local and regional projects, the office is frequently collaborating with teams around the country and around the world on major national and international bridge projects. It is an ideal environment in which to master, practice, and expand your engineering knowledge, and it creates opportunities to propel your career forward. Parsons engineers must be versatile, enthusiastic, team-oriented, and have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills.
We offer mentoring, training, education reimbursement, a bonus for your first PE license, a strong backlog of work, great benefits and competitive salaries! Join our team of experts and expand your career today!
- Contribute as a supporting bridge engineer to one or more project teams, under the guidance of an engineering manager.
- Complete assignments such as structural layout, structural analysis, and design of structural members and connections.
- Develop details, drawings and plan sheets in MicroStation or AutoCAD, on your own and in collaboration with dedicated CAD staff.
- Assemble calculations and design documentation for checking and participate in checking the work of others.
- Prepare reports and recommendations related to the maintenance, repair and replacement of existing bridges, and the development of new bridge projects.
- Collaborate across discipline boundaries with roadway, drainage and geotechnical design engineers to develop integrated solutions.
- Support construction phase activities through review of shop submittals and development of solutions to field construction issues.
- MS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 0-2 years of related work experience.
- Coursework or work experience in structural analysis, steel and concrete design, geotechnical engineering, and foundation design.
- Experience with AutoCAD or MicroStation.
- 3.0GPA or higher
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate is expected.