Engineer Technician II
POSITION: Engineer Technician II
POSITION LOCATION: Houston, TX
AEI Engineering, a Baxter & Woodman company, has a rewarding opportunity for an Engineering Technician II in our Houston office. The purpose of this position is to ensure our Client’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit program complies with local, state and federal guidelines. This position will act as a facilitator to develop and implement process and procedures to encourage and achieve compliance and all aspects of the MS4 program. This position also includes evaluation, monitoring and coordination of drainage and detention maintenance programs.
- Reviewing plans and reports, conducting inspections and investigations, and providing overall management of MS4 programs to ensure compliance with MS4 permit requirements.
- Inspects storm drainage structures in order to identify needed maintenance; prepares inspection reports.
- Inspects detention ponds in order to identify maintenance needs; prepares inspection reports and coordinate with various contractors to make necessary repairs including verification of completion of work and processing payment in a timely manner.
- Inspects MS4 outfalls to identify illicit discharges; conducts investigations and takes enforcement measures if necessary; prepares inspection reports.
- Coordination with other consultants to achieve various goals of MS4 programs.
- Monitors and updates local ordinances to ensure compliance with mandates.
- Manage and update annual reports and MS4 plans for various clients.
- Conduct monthly detention and drainage maintenance inspections to include preparing pertinent reports.
- Coordination and direction of maintenance contractors with regard to maintenance implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Construction Technology or related field (will consider experience in lieu of a degree).
- Knowledge and understanding of plans for streets, storm sewers and storm water systems.
- Candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong organization skills.
- Experience with MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Ability to travel throughout Baxter & Woodman’s service area (own transportation)
AEI Engineering, a Baxter & Woodman company, is an equal opportunity - affirmative action – M/F/Vet/Disability employer