Distribution Construction Coordinator II or III
Under general supervision, coordinates and schedules electric construction projects and advance locating activities with commercial, private, and public construction and excavation entities.
The Distribution Construction Coordinator (DCC) will be required to review prints, plan out work, and order materials and complete paperwork in a timely manner.
The DCC will need to understand the construction specs and standards that are provided to them daily and be transparent with all customers internally and externally to get the work done.
The DCC must monitor, delegate, and problem-solve on a daily basis while working safely, applying NEC, NESC, City specs and environmental specs to jobs where they apply.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates inspections of construction projects to ensure underground utilities are located and site is workable, to include requesting permits from Public Works to work in city right of way.
- Identifies, inspects, and marks all under or above ground Austin Energy electrical cables, electrical conduits, and 90 Meter base connections.
- Expedites, reviews, and inspects distribution construction projects to ensure ready to work for Austin Energy.
- Assists in creating and updating work orders, generates and activates material orders. Assists in process and expedites purchase of non-stock goods and services, maintains files and collects data for reports.
- Monitors purchasing constructions materials for the AE or Contract construction crews.
- Manages underground prints for utilization and research by construction contractors to improve construction coordination.
- Maintains databases for various tracking of documentation for coordination of electrical construction projects.
- Assists in the assessment of material and products to ensure best fit distribution construction needs.
- Advises customers and contractors of project timelines and related tasks
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus two (2) years experience in road or utility construction.
- Twelve (12) semester hours in Engineering Technology, Engineering, Construction Sciences, or in a field related to the job, may substitute for six (6) months of the required experience with a maximum substitution of two (2) years.
- Experience working with GIS or similar mapping software
- Experience with concrete including site survey work, grating, paving, driveway and sidewalk replacement or repairs
- Experience managing or supervising construction projects including tracking inventory, cost and budgets for multiple projects
- Experience reading plans, blueprints, and estimating construction projects
- Strong communication skills and experience creating and delivering presentations to a variety of audiences