Summer Day Camp Assistant Director
The Summer Day Camp Assistant Director, under the supervision of the Director, will be responsible for assisting in implementing a comprehensive agency program located in one of the Community School sites. They will assist the Director in for managing and monitoring 50 children 6-12 years of age. The Assistant Director will also be responsible for aiding the Director in ensuring proper supervision and safety for the participants and staff, and maintaining an appropriate environment.
Drives the bus on field trips in the Summer Day Camp Program.
Note: These are temporary seasonal positions to work full time from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm for the period of mid-June through mid-August during ten weeks of camp.
Assists in planning, organizing, and supervising summer day camp activities for Onslow County children and youth; performs administrative functions in support of the summer day camp; performs marketing activities related to the summer day camp; prepares fields and facilities for activities; maintaining records and files.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Assists Summer Day Camp Director.
- Assists with planning and directing recreational activities for the summer day camp.
- Assists in developing an innovative program to meet the needs of the participants.
- Communicates and meets with parents, volunteers, coaches, staff, program participants, and school system employees.
- Collects fees, writes receipts, and maintains records.
- Coordinates activities and schedules events.
- Assists with preparing or maintaining timesheets, accident reports, daily activities plans, disciplinary reports, and other records.
- Performs related tasks as required.
General knowledge of recreational sports and activities for children and youth; general knowledge of first aid practices and techniques; some knowledge of modern principles and practices of recreation and physical education; ability to resolve disputes with firmness and impartiality; ability to communicate effectively ideas both orally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with County and community officials, associates, volunteers and the general public.
Education, Experience, and Special Requirements:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school, some clerical and computer skills. Some recreational events and activities planning experience.
Must have a current CPR/First Aid or be able to obtain certification upon hire.
Must possess a valid driver's license, be in compliance with Onslow County's insurance regulations and be licensed to drive a school bus.