Intern: Software Engineering - Summer 2022
We’re looking for students aspiring to be efficient, productive, and impactful software developers to join our Summer Engineering Internship Program. Jumpstart your career in a supportive environment that enables you to take on challenging work that directly impacts the business.
Our 12-16 week program is designed to expose you to all parts of software development in a growing tech company, from the user research to beta testing new features, and prepare you for a full time engineering career. Our 1:1 mentorship philosophy paired with our small team structure ensures you are being taught the best engineering practices and foundational principles that will help grow your career and allow you to excel quickly and have endless opportunities for impact!
As a member of our Engineering Program, you’ll join one of our many functional engineering teams as an individual contributor to develop new and well written code, participate in and contribute to stand ups, collaborate with team members on program and day to day work, provide project status updates, and increase efficiency amongst your team. Whether it’s working on one of our product teams and architecting product tours with React, building out our foundational systems with our infrastructure teams, or redesigning our mobile apps with our mobile team, you will become an integral part of our growing organization.
Learn more about our Engineering team:
- The Asana Engineering Guide to Intern Mentorship
- What our 2020 Interns Built!
- How we build Inclusivity in the Workplace
What you'll achieve
- Learn what it’s like to work as a full time software developer in a fast growing tech company.
- Make real impact by contributing to a variety of projects, like building new features, testing infrastructure, implementing subtle interaction behaviors, or designing data models and seeing that impact in front of you.
- Experience growth and development by being paired with a mentor who will support and guide you through opportunities to stretch and learn.
- Help us maintain a codebase and an award-winning culture, contributing to everything from the broadest strategic discussions to the specifics of updating a small app feature.
- Develop clean, beautiful code and leave it better than you found it.
- Feel supported by a growth oriented team cheering you on as you take on new challenges
- Participate in Asana’s culture of transparency and distributed responsibility by providing peer feedback to members of your team.
- Your anticipated graduation date is between December 2022 and July 2023
- A constant desire to learn and improve
- A foundational understanding of software development or computer science skills - we want to teach you more!
- Passion for creating a user friendly experience, down to those little details that matter
- Appreciate productivity and care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where we encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.