Civil Engineer Jr.
- Provides professional inspection, maintenance, repair, operations, and minor alterations in the most efficient and economical manner, utilizing new technologies and engineering methods to reduce costs and maximize use of highly efficient products when practical and as warranted by life cycle analyses. Manages, trains, and performs Operations Engineering requirements. Updates data into BUILDER and PAVER and ensures it is accurate and current.
- Manages and executes requirements identification and prioritization, performs preventive maintenance management analyses, and corrective maintenance analyses, planning and support on cradle-to-grave contract execution.
- In conjunction with Operations personnel, analyze built and natural infrastructure asset data.
- Review statements of work, contract specifications, requests for proposal, and material submittals for construction and repair projects to ensure the Government receives mission capable and high performing and warranted products.
- Attend project beneficial occupancy and final inspection meetings to ensure operation and maintenance training is complete. Ensure proper documentation is kept on file. Develop and maintain O&M manual database and access for operations personnel.
- Review work orders to validate requirements and coordinate investment timing.
- Coordinates with other Operations Engineering personnel to develop written estimates and provide recommendation for review at staff meetings, the WRRB and FB meetings. Working closely with other Operations personnel, provides analyses of built and natural infrastructure asset data and develops a cost-effective, long-range (FYDP+2) preventative maintenance, repair, and improvement Civil Program Plan.
- Develop and manage warranty process and program so construction contractors are held accountable for warranty issues. Develop and maintain preventative maintenance program utilizing government standardized items. Structure PM approach to maximized efficiency and cost benefits.
- Manage facilities, transportation, and utilities activity management plans. Coordinate with engineering and operations to align and de-conflct all investments to include preventative maintenance, in-house repair or replacement, and renovation/replacement by contract.
- Conducts condition assessments on Codes A and B facilities for six systems, using Uniformat II nomenclature, IAW the BUILDER Sustainment Management System (SMS) 9-point direct rating method. Completes 20% of A and B facilities SF annually (5% quarterly).
- Support engineering design and construction. Other duties as assigned to meet contract and mission requirements.
- Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in Civil Engineering. EIT certification preferred. Able to qualify for a SECRET security clearance.
- 0 - 1 years experience working as a civil engineer; AutoCAD software experience preferred; Airforce or DoD experience preferred.