Why Join the Willdan Team:
We are motivated to solve some of tomorrow’s biggest obstacles – especially those in energy and infrastructure. Our employees want to make a difference, and we have the aspiration, resources, and technical know-how to do it. Our rapid growth and successes over the past five decades stem from our ability to think big while also paying special attention to project quality and customer service.
Willdan's work culture blends the stability of an established organization with a reputation for quality and the flexibility and opportunities of a progressive, growing company. We value and enjoy the opportunity to come to work every day and make a real, positive impact on our society and the environment.
Who We Are:
Willdan is a nationwide provider of comprehensive solutions that help organizations evolve and thrive as natural resources and infrastructure change. Our team of experts in energy, engineering, safety, financial and strategic planning, microgrids, and software offer best-in-class services ranging from electric grid optimization to energy efficiency to energy design assistance.
Using this collective expertise, we have delivered over 100,000 projects to public agencies, small businesses, healthcare, hospitality, and educational facilities. We provide program administration and assistance to improve grid resiliency to over 50 investor-owned utilities.
Willdan is seeking an Energy Specialist to join our innovative and creative team. The Energy Specialist will play an important role in consulting on energy efficient building design options for new construction and major renovation projects. This includes gathering the information needed to analyze energy saving options using energy models, coordinating project work deadlines and meetings, managing expectations of design teams and program managers, and providing consultation and presenting work to project team including owners, architects, and engineers.
- Work directly with building owners, architects and engineers to understand their energy conservation goals
- Manage a high-volume portfolio of projects at different stages of a consulting process
- Perform energy simulation analysis and deliver model results at a fast pace
- Prepare reports detailing energy modeling results and design advice
- Communicate energy conservation measures effectively to both technical and non-technical project team members to assist them in making informed design decisions
- Team with project managers to ensure high quality results and deliverables
- Knowledge of building design, construction processes, and/or building operation
- Demonstrated ability to accurately interpret complex information, make strategic recommendations to guide decision-making by identifying anticipated benefits, consequences and impacts of alternative system options
- Familiarity with tools such as MS Excel to manipulate model inputs and summarize and understand modeled results
- Experience with energy modeling using various programs such as DOE-2, EnergyPlus and eQuest on building consultations
- Familiarity with, and using tools such as MS Excel to manipulate model inputs and summarize and understand modeled results
- Ability to handle high volume of projects in a relatively short amount of time
- Strong aptitude for finding the balance between breadth and depth to deliver energy simulation results in a timely manner
- Knowledge of thermodynamics, physics, and mathematics
- Knowledge of energy codes and standards (ASHRAE 55, 62.1, 90.1, 189.1)
- Knowledge of utility sponsored energy efficiency programs, specifically those that target the design of new buildings
- Professional Engineer or Registered Architect or qualifications to enable achieving licensure
- Industry related certifications such as certified energy manager (CEM), building energy modeling professional (BEMP), LEED accredited professional, building energy assessment professional (BEAP) and/or commissioning authority (CxA)
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, Building Science or closely related field
EEO Non-Discrimination and ADA Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
Willdan is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, religion, military service or veteran status, disability, medical condition, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic testing, reproductive status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Willdan does not discriminate on the basis of physical or mental disability where the essential functions of the job can be reasonably accommodated. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us.