Find what drives you on a team with a more than 70-year history of discovery, determination, and innovation. As a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, Pall Corporation thrives on helping our customers protect people. Our products serve a wide range of markets, so if your interests lie along the spectrum of Life Sciences to Industrial, you’ll find a rewarding role here. For the exponentially curious, Pall is a place you can thrive and amplify your impact on the world.
Pall is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Responsible for product-cost estimating for both new and existing Pall Aerospace products along with product-cost analysis.
Essential Job Functions:
- Generate detailed estimates utilizing information from past history, similarities or collective information from various departments in the organization. (70%)
- Acquire material pricing and coordinate all the information vital to produce and submit proposals to stakeholders.
- Use detailed spreadsheets and company-approved formulas to calculate the projected costs of proposed projects.
- Analyze and explain engineering drawings/blueprints and product specification requirements to evaluate and determine workforce hours and material costs. (12%)
- Identify manufacturing processes, tooling, fixtures, and test equipment required for manufacturing specific products. (10%)
- Perform make/buy analyses for in house manufacturing costs vs. subcontracting costs. (5% of time)
- Participate in the pricing process with upper management and justify labor hours and costs assessed. (3%)
- Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering and/or in Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Technical training certification in: FAR and/or Government Pricing and Proposal Development.
- Three or more years of experience in product cost estimating.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings/geometric tolerances and specifications.
- Knowledge of Bills of Material (BOM), routings, lean manufacturing procedures, tooling/fixtures, test equipment, etc.
- Solid understanding of shop floor machining, welding, sheet metal operations, assembly and testing.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- PC literate and proficient with the use of MS Office (i.e. Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status, or U.S. Government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon Pall acquiring the required employment visa and export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the applicable U.S. government agency.
- Compliance to Government regulations is required.
- Adherence to all Danaher Core Success Factors.
- Cost estimators are flexible, well-organized and able to prioritize work given multiple task requirements. Job history and information used for estimates will be documented, well organized, and retained for future reference.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.