Quality Assurance Engineer - TruScale
The Professional Services team in the Lenovo Solutions & Services Group (SSG) is looking for an early career engineering, STEM or IT professional to join our Center of Excellence team as a quality assurance engineer. Our team is driving the offering design and definition for Lenovo’s Professional Services, Managed Services and TruScale teams. Additionally, we are responsible for the technology platform that drives these businesses and it is this platform where you will lead the continuous test and validation of the platform. In this role you will work on a global team with all geographies worldwide for Lenovo TruScale Infrastructure Services team, with Lenovo development to report and track bugs within software, and to help in fixing them. The candidate should demonstrate the skills and the ability to independently drive results.
In this role, you will:
• Own – Quality assurance and testing plan for existing and new service offerings to perform a variety of tests, such as functional, regression, end-to-end, integration, platform, and performance testing to confirm the security, stability, and usability of solution.
• Collaborate - With stakeholders in services, development, sales, and operations to verify the maturity of the solution and prepare the environment for demo purposes.
• Execute – report and contribute to solve bugs, track bugs using programs like JIRA.
• Cooperate with sales, services, development, and operations to better understand the solution trends.
• Contribute to enhancements, optimize current processes in the lab and discover new ways of doing things.
• Be able to run basic demo of the solutions, taking care about racking and stacking equipment with the willingness and ability to lift 50 plus pounds on a consistent basis.
• Interact with Lenovo Solutions & Services Group organization team members ensuring the appliances in the Center of Excellence lab are prepared and in good condition for testing and demo purposes
• Develop a partnership with sales, services, development, and operations teams to facilitate business worldwide
• Ensure the proper maintenance of all HW and SW components in the Center of Excellence lab for the successful sale of TruScale solution and combinations with other Lenovo/Partner solutions
• Create testing scenarios that facilitate quality assurance and testing of the solution and be able to communicate with development about testing results
• Provide quality assurance of the various combination related to new technology stacks that is bounded with TruScale solution Support sales, services, and other teams in collecting requirements, preferencing and producing testing environments to support the global needs
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information technology or related fields.
• Desire to work in the technology services industry
• Previous work experience including internships, co-ops and volunteer work recommended
• Passion for continuous learning
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.