Work Mode: Onsite
Location: Kohler, WI
Are you a looking for a rewarding technical career with a global organization that fosters professional development and well-being? If so, Kohler Power, a division of Kohler Co., has an excellent opportunity for you!
Kohler Co., one of the largest power generator manufacturers in the world, has delivered energy solutions worldwide since 1920. Kohler offers power generation equipment for residential, industrial, mobile and marine applications as well as automatic transfer switches, switchgear, monitoring controls and accessories. For more information about Kohler Co. and Kohler Power Systems, please visit www.kohlerpower.com.
Kohler Power has an opportunity for a 1st Shift Generator Test Technician to join our team! The position performs diverse and complex assignments in support of Kohler Power Systems product development and manufacturing. Assignments may include but are not limited to: test set up and testing, fabrication, assembly of fixtures/equipment, set up and running of data acquisition equipment for tests, conducting experiments, reporting/documenting results of tests.
- Set up and perform various tests based on Engineering direction and or written test standards
- Set up data acquisition systems
- Analyze, interpret, document, and communicate test results
- Fabricate and assemble prototype devices for test
- Develop new test set-ups and test methods
- Perform basic preventive maintenance and 5S of test cells, workstation, test equipment.
- Demonstrate technical competency and participate in the continuous improvement rocess as it relates to your role.
Knowledge, Experience and Ability
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel and PC based test equipment.
- Able to perform basic electrical engineering calculations and able to interpret results.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, engineering depts., manufacturing.
- Attention to detail relating to tasks, testing and report writing.
- Ability to provide a strong individual contribution in the context of achieving team goals and deadlines.
- Ability to provide technical leadership by assisting others in troubleshooting, answering questions and determining root cause.
- Willingness and passion to learn working in a test environment.
- Associate Degree from a two-year college or technical school related to Electronics, Electrical or Mechanical fields preferred.
- Familiar with variety of measurements includes scopes, basic electronics, mechanical systems required.
- Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information required.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information required.
- Some experience with hardware and software programming a plus.
- Fabrication experience and use of hand tools preferred.
- Must have knowledge of electrical and mechanical principles, and testing techniques.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.