Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Energy Storage Systems (ESS Inc) is a fast-growing, venture-backed, multi patented, clean technology start-up, located in Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines an environmentally safe, abundant and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. Our advanced flow battery technology combines high performance with low cost, renewable integration designed for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
Our team boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies. We are team building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. We are currently looking for an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer to support the manufacturing and assembly of state-of-the-art long duration energy storage (LDES) components and systems.
In this position you will be responsible for establishing manufacturing processes as well as leading continuous improvement and process yield efforts. You will work with a cross functional team to develop, validate, and improve products and processes to make them robust and viable for full scale manufacturability.
- Develop, validate, and oversee projects from prototype to robust and ready to manufacture at scale.
- Execute to program timelines and budgets.
- Establish BOMs, workflow processes, fixtures, and robotics to achieve robust and efficient processes.
- Collaborate with R&D and Design engineering, Quality, Program Mgmt., and Manufacturing to satisfy all stakeholders are satisfied for a turnkey manufacturing process.
- Support product launch by establishing labor estimates, handling and material needs, and robotics or machine equipment requirements including implementation, install, test, and validation.
- Validate manufacturing processes and provide production support through successful and sustained project launch.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, capacity enhancement and cost reduction.
- Design and/or source and implement necessary tooling & fixtures for manufacturing and process improvements with a focus on automation.
- Ensure manufacturing tooling, fixtures and processes are EHS compliant per site policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university OR a Mechanical Engineering degree with minimum 5 years of experience in development or advanced manufacturing or similar.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing or operations.
- Demonstrated experience owning at least one of the following or similar:
- Implementing Robotics and/or CAD/CAM or PLC operated equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Sourcing and qualifying suppliers to a finished component involving wiring harnesses, electrical control and instrumentation panels, or power management electronics and controls.
- Developing quality plans, sampling plans, value streams or other methods of establishing and training turnkey, robust, processes and work instructions.
- Must be able to interact with multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals including electrical, mechanical, software and manufacturing engineers.
- Experience with BOM design, Oracle workflows, implementation and iterative improvement and validation of a young product design.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, focus, and execute with minimal oversight toward goals of the business.
- Knowledge of aerospace electronic systems, production methods and processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Ability to read drawings and specifications - GD&T experience.
- Strong electrical aptitude.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Lean Six Sigma or equivalent training/experience.
What ESS Offers
- In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package: Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, a generous PTO accrual.