At KEYENCE, we never settle. We aim to change the status quo for society and for the world, one product at a time. We are a global leader in industrial automation with the ability to add value to customers in all aspects of manufacturing, research, and design. Our strict promote from within policy puts pressure on our organization to continue developing new managers so we can expand our business and provide lucrative careers for our employees. We hire talented individuals who push themselves and our organization to get to the next level.
The Application Engineer role exists to provide internal and field based support for our strategic high precision measurement related activities. This role will give the candidate first hand exposure to cutting edge emerging technologies, automation and industries which will define the future of American manufacturing. The ideal candidate should possess a positive attitude, a sharp brain, an appreciation of business development and a sense of urgency as much of their work will be pre-sales orientated. To help guide our customers through the sales process (from application development, online testing and through post-sales follow up), excellent analytical, technical, and communication skills are required as a pre-requisite.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide product and application development support for customers and salespeople.
- Assist customers with the configuration and implementation of our vision and laser measuring products through parameter driven, simple script based and/or high end programming languages.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and support customer issues via phone and/or email.
- Maintain records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, requests, and complaints as well as actions taken.
- Provide on-site programming, application advice and training for customers.
- Conduct product application testing for customers / salespeople and create proposal reports from the results.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High degree of attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simplified fashion.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Proficient business writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain pleasant interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to organize and prioritize diverse set of projects, tasks, and activities for timely completion.
- Electronic/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Physics based background.
- Experience in automation technologies including Machine Vision, PLC’s and Industrial Robotics.
- Experience in C/C++/C# or VB.NET programming languages.
- Knowledge of Microsoft-based applications, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Integrity – job requires appropriate handling of confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to travel – must be willing to attend 1-2 months training in our Chicago (Itasca) HQ.
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical discipline.
Why work for KEYENCE?
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- PAID training & development program
- Recognized by Forbes World’s Top 100 as “Most Innovative” company 8 years in a row
- Promote from Within Culture
- CEO of your territory
KEYENCE is an at-will, Equal Opportunity Employer.
The company does not sponsor applicants for work visa.