Engineering Associate - Tampa
WANTED: ENGINEERS WHO CLIMB
Do you love outdoor activities like rock climbing, backpacking, or snowboarding? Do you love to travel the country, and want to keep the frequent flyer miles you earn doing so? Are you looking for a career in engineering that lets you do more than just sit behind a desk but, still allows you to gain experience towards your PE? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then Tower Engineering Professionals is the place for you! TEP is not your typical engineering firm. We offer a wide range of engineering opportunities to our employees, plus the chance to work outdoors and see the sites from hundreds of feet off the ground.
Come take your career to new heights!
Tower Engineering Professionals is seeking a full-time Engineering Associate in our Tampa, FL Inspections Department. As an Engineering Associate, you will serve as an integral member of our engineering team. Tower Engineering Professionals offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401k with company match, and a relaxed, fun environment.
Field Duties (70- 80% of work time):
- Climbing towers is required; must have a labor intensive attitude and be capable of climbing towers, water tanks, and rooftops at heights in excess of 300 feet off the ground.
- Must have the physical ability and the willingness to scan, probe, dig and drill to obtain the foundation dimensions and steel reinforcement on guyed towers, SSTs and monopole towers.
- Adhere to all company and industry standard/regulations (OSHA, COMTRAIN, etc.)
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, team player, results-oriented.
Office Duties (20- 30% of work time):
- Read and interpret structural and architectural drawings, specifications, and design requirements related to telecommunications, commercial, residential, and light industrial applications.
- Conduct due diligence for multiple projects prior to field work.
- Review peer work product.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required; Civil or Structural Engineering degree is highly preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record to operate a company vehicle.
- This position requires basic knowledge of AutoCAD to prepare drawings of field sketches.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Most work is performed externally, on-site, outdoors, with exposure to the elements of nature working under normal to extreme construction conditions.
- 80% travel is required in support of this position.
- Employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear.
- Employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch, lift weight, climb or exert a force up to a maximum of 75 pounds
- Employee is required to regularly climb and work at heights.
“Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabilities”