Quality Engineer I (Open)
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Due to the nature of this position, a high degree of initiative, teamwork, and communication is required. Candidate will play a key role in the Quality and Process within our automated manufacturing facility, support equipment, and processes which are critical to saving and sustaining lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Quality Engineering support for automated manufacturing process. Closely partner with production, engineering, and maintenance for process troubleshooting, cause investigation, and implementation of process improvements.
- Performs equipment change control and validation protocols to support continuous process improvements.
- Apply sound engineering practices and problem-solving methodology (e.g. Lean & Six Sigma) to arrive at robust and practical solutions in an expedited manner for nonconformances, customer complaints, and/or manufacturing equipment malfunction.
- Analysis of equipment performance and product quality trend data and presents results.
- Create and/or review supporting documentation to ensure project documentation of the highest quality and compliance level, procedures, work instructions, meeting minutes, and project plans.
- Performs work assignments within production department that include training, product impact assessment, and process corrective action support.
- Participates in continuous improvement projects.
- Interprets, recommends, and executes modifications to operating policies & procedures.
- Maintains confidential information as such.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Duties may require some evening and weekend work.
- Projects may require occasional travel no more than 10%.
- Position requires remaining stationary as well as standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires standing, walking, lifting up to 25 lbs., bending, pulling, pushing, and climbing stairs
- Normal visual acuity and the ability to distinguish color are necessary.
- Understanding of engineering principles in various engineering disciplines related to medical device manufacturing.
- Understanding of statistical tools and methodology, and continuous improvement techniques preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated initiative and sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects.
- Proficient computer skills including familiarity with word processing programs, spreadsheets, and graphics.
- Desire to continually learn.
- Ability to interpret and adapt internal guidelines.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering field required.