OPERATIONS JOB DESCRIPTIONS
INTERN –CONSTRUCTION COORDINATOR 1 (Entry Level)
· Learn about managing the project budget by controlling expenditures, coordinating owner and subcontractor billings, identifying work not covered by subcontractor and ensuring successful office support related to overall cost and schedule.
· Learn about Safety and Quality Control programs and how to coordinate actions to address problems.
· Learn about company procedures, the correspondence process and handling, etc. with the Office Manager in accordance with the Operations Manual.
· Learn how to review and process submittal data and shop drawings.
· Understand how to coordinate submittals, deliveries, etc. that affect the project schedule with the Superintendent.
· Monitor and review weekly and monthly status reports and weekly sub-contractor meeting minutes, change orders, etc. to understand the process.
· Understand change documents and change proposal requests for price review.
· Might go with Project Engineer to meetings with architect and owner representatives to understand information required by owner, necessary progress reports and summaries and how action plans from owner/architect meetings address all outstanding issues related to the project.
· Learn how changes, clarifications, directives, RFI’s, etc. are updated on “as-built” plans and coordinated with company supervision and sub-contractors/suppliers.
· Understand processing close-out documents.
· Learn how to maintain RFI logs and change request log.
· Currently enrolled in Construction Management, Engineering or related education program; no experience required; prior internships or work experience helpful but not required.
· Able to develop new skills and knowledge quickly.
· Able to travel as needed to participate in training, seminars, task team meetings, etc.
· Demonstrate expanding knowledge of construction details about miscellaneous metals, casework, doors, specialties, radiation protection, etc.
· Strong computer skills including the ability to use Word Processing, Spread Sheets, etc.
· Possess good self-organizational and management skills and strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting and exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
- Upon receipt of new project bid opportunities, create internal job numbers and folders as well as the initial project set-up in web based ITB platform.
- Assist/review (with the lead estimator), the plans and specs to define scope of work and identify subcontractors/vendors to solicit for pricing.
- Take the lead in prioritizing, calling, and emailing vendors for quotes, qualifications and other information.
- Update vendor/ subcontractor information in the company database.
- Maintain and distribute project information during bidding period for plan changes or other information needed to reach the group.