Technical Writing Intern
What you will do
The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We are harnessing the power of cloud, data analytics, the Internet of Things, and user design thinking to deliver on the promise of intelligent buildings and smart cities that connect communities in ways that make people’s lives – and the world – safer and better.
This position is eligible for remote work except in the state of Colorado with an opportunity to extend long-term.
How you will do it
- Assist in the Knowledge article review & approval process (concentrating on grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, format verification)
- Create or assist in creating digital videos for the Video Library
- Post approved Knowledge content to the Content Management System (CMS)
- Creation of support documentation, including procedural documentation
- Use the Knowledge Management System (KMS) to complete the first phase of the review and approval process
- Use Digital Video Editing software to create or help create videos for the Video Library
What we look for
- Enrolled as a full-time student (Sophomore or higher status) at an accredited U.S. College or University
- Pursuing Digital Communications, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, IT, or related disciplines
- Completed coursework in Technical Writing/Technical Communications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S.
- Basic Digital Video Recording/Editing (Camtasia, Adobe Premiere, etc.)
- Basic use of WordPress & the Gutenberg Block Editor
- Basic photo editing & screen capturing
About Us: Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.