Job Title: Drafting Technician I
Reports To: Drafting Manager/ Group Manager
The Drafting Technician transforms field notes, whether electronic or hand drawn, provided by the OSP Engineering Planners, Pole Engineers, Survey Technicians and/or Pole Inspectors into electronic documents capable of being uploaded into client specific systems. Drafting Technician I’s are responsible for entry level drafting and design prints and will be closely monitored by the Drafting Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performing technical drafting and engineering design support for specific projects.
• Familiarity and basic understanding of proprietary design software through hands-on training.
• Work with Engineers and Survey Technicians to ensure accurate information is presented on
plan sets and when needed, assist them in the field.
• Follow very specific and detailed procedures already implemented and, at times, be required to
adjust and adapt to changing standards and procedures.
• Communicate effectively to direct management and can speak to progress of a project at any given time.
• Work closely with the Quality Control specialist to ensure accuracy of prints and submission.
• Understand the basic Scope of Project.
• Maintain daily reports with job status and completions.
• Ability to advance to more complex drafting accompanied with additional training.
• Develop drawings for new and existing projects.
• Ability to read and understand architectural / engineering drawings.
• Basic or working understanding architectural and construction detailing.
• Familiar with Microsoft Office suite of products.
• Excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills.
• Proven strong analytic / problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced high-volume work environment.
• Work independently, but under the supervision of direct management.
• AutoCad and Visio a plus.
• Experience in wireless, telecom, technology and electronics a plus.
Working in an office during typical business hours unless a special project dictates otherwise. Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
Typical office environment
Non- Exempt – Hourly