Engineering Technician - Material Characterization Systems
Engineering Technician ($25 - $28/hr)
Lake Shore Cryotronics, Inc., a global leader in the development of high performance tools for the characterization of materials in temperature and magnet environments, has a need for an Engineering Technician to contribute to the ongoing success and expansion of our business.
We are an established Westerville-based global leader in temperature and magnetic measurement instrumentation serving science and industry.
The position will support engineering activities concerned with documentation, design, and testing of products
Typical Job Functions Include:
- Entering, updating, and maintaining engineering documents using established design/document control methods
- Set up data acquisition for tests
- Assembling, calibrating and performing basic testing for systems products, PD jobs, POC's, Prototypes and Processes.
- Authoring sections of documents and quality records
- Performing data collection from prototypes or final products
- Providing detailed feedback on product and process attributes that were/were not successful
- Aiding engineering decisions by providing technician level knowledge of methods and equipment
- Providing technician support of Custom Products at the IRQ's and custom Job creation steps
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- At least a two-year technical degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with Python programming
- Familiarity with, and functional knowledge of, computer systems; power, pneumatic, and hand tools; and associated use of electro-mechanical production and scientific equipment
Lake Shore offers a work-life balance with challenging assignments, a focus on health and wellness, social activities, and community outreach. We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are a drug and tobacco free company.
Learn more about Lake Shore Cryotronics by visiting our website at www.lakeshore.com – and also visit our Facebook and LinkedIn sites.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans