At Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBAD), we believe that our strengths are built on our most important resource - our people. Join EBAD and you'll be a part of a team who creates cutting edge technology that will blast us into the future. No other company can match the innovative energetic solutions that we provide. At EBAD you will actively contribute to successful missions putting men, women and satellites into space, and protecting our armed service men and women around the world. If this is the culture and work environment you are seeking, then EBAD is the place for you!
Responsible for understanding the quality requirements from the customer and ensuring that robust systems are in place to meet them for multiple program(s) of varying complexity within assigned value stream(s)
- Evaluates technical data packages for bids/proposals and provides input & estimates
- Responsible for up-front quality planning, defining inspections & tests and associated equipment, development of inspection plans, implementation of statistical process control and/or data collection & analysis methodologies, gage R&R studies, process capability assessments, and data/trend analysis
- Works within a team to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Serves as the team's point-of-contact with respect to customer quality requirements, coordinates customer source and government source inspection and is authorized to certify product on behalf of EBA&D
- Creates engineering reports relative to manufactured product (e.g. Lot Acceptance, First Article) and coordinates the submission & approval of these documents
- Flows quality requirements to suppliers on purchase orders and works with the supplier development engineer to resolve supplier nonconformances and issues
- Documents nonconforming product and quality-related issues
- Effective problem-solving and troubleshooting skills are essential; will lead root cause analysis efforts and evaluate the effectiveness of corrective & preventive actions
- Participates in PFMEAs, PDRs, CDRs, and production readiness reviews
- The successful candidate will have a BS in an engineering or science discipline.
- Experience in a quality engineering role, preferably in the aerospace, military, automotive, or medical industry
- Knowledge and understanding of current ISO 9001/AS 9100 quality system
- Experience with precision machined parts and assembly operations
- Working knowledge with interpretation of engineering specifications, mechanical drawings and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T)
- Knowledge of process capability concepts including Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques
- Strong problem solving skills
- Understanding of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing practices
- Understanding of ERP/MRP planning systems
- Skilled in MS Windows – Excel, Word and Power-Point
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/ Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.