Senior Manufacturing Engineer
This position is responsible for improvements within value streams of responsibility, in line with yearly targets in the areas of Safety, Internal and External Quality, On-Time Delivery / Lead Time reduction, and Productivity. This position is a key member of the Value Stream leadership team responsible for ensuring day-to-day results and developing and executing data-supported, root cause focused action plans that support breakthrough KPI results aided by the implementation of LEAN (DBS) tools and practices.
In this role, the candidate will develop time management / prioritization skills, LEAN (DBS) knowledge & implementation leadership skills, project management skills (getting things done through others), enhanced technical skills, and effective leadership / communication skills, through driving day-to-day and yearly improvement results.
This role may have a primary focus of continuous improvement and/or value stream focused.
- Provides technical daily support to the manufacturing floor including addressing documentation, process, and material flow gaps/opportunities.
- Lead the implementation of LEAN / DBS tools via formal/informal Kaizens to achieve and sustain improved levels of targeted performance.
- Conduct root cause analysis and develop timely solutions for issues arising on current product and in the production processes.
- Facilitate process mapping exercises to drive continuous improvement throughout the organization
- Remove waste utilizing lean principles
- Provide technical expertise to support and facilitate daily manufacturing operations of assembly equipment
- Interact directly with customers on quality issues and quality assurance issues.
- Act as project manager/owner for KPI improvement plans of responsibility, to including leading the Problem Solving Process (PSP), action plan development, execution assurance meetings, and sustainment tracking.
- Research and implement where appropriate, advanced technology solutions which help the value stream achieve breakthrough results in Safety, Quality, Delivery / Lead Time reduction, Inventory, and/or Productivity.
- Evaluate and develop manufacturing processes by designing manufacturing processes by designing and researching best practices; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication and assembly processes, tooling and fixturing design and applications, materials and quality control standards; conferring with equipment vendors, and soliciting observations from a broad range of internal and external team members
- Engage with product engineering during the design cycle to ensure design for manufacturability and to tooling to ensure efficient and capable production methods and processes. Ensure the total supply chain capability is aligned with evolving product concepts and designs and take early action to ensure successful new product launches.
- Analyze manufacturing equipment and process flow utilizing continuous improvement methods
- Develop manufacturing processes for new products and product changes
- Develop and implement set-up reduction programs
- Devise new solutions to existing manufacturing problems through assembly aids and processes
- Evaluate layouts to improve material flows
- Work with engineering, supervisors, purchasing, and continuous improvement team to prioritize projects
- Reviews production program equipment, hardware, and tooling; makes recommendations for repairs or replacement
- Oversees the development of new processes, methods, and production controls.
- Prepares operations manuals for new or existing equipment
- Travel domestically (US) and/or internationally up to 20%
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, and/or Aerospace Engineering or other related engineering field, required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a related role.
- Experience in high volume manufacturing is a plus.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) , and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and tolerance analysis.
- Strong knowledge and experience with complex manufacturing processes.
- Strong quality process background and understands FMEA’s (Failure Modes Effects Analysis), DOE’s (Design of Experiments), and Failure Analysis.
- Prior leadership development and experience leading a team.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to articulate technical and programmatic issues.
- Knowledge of lean principles, continuous improvement activities, project management, root cause analysis, and corrective action activities is an asset.
- Motivated and energetic self-starter with a focus on ‘hands-on’ troubleshooting and analysis of assembly equipment and processes
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, flexible and team-oriented
- Problem Solving/Analysis skills and experience
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks through Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Project and Outlook.
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. US citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status, or U.S. Government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon Pall obtaining the necessary employment visa and export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the applicable U.S. government agency.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, effective with all levels of the organization
- Effective presenter and communicator with external customers
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Must be able to work with a sense of urgency while maintaining safety & quality standards.
- Upward mobility driven.
- Ability to multitask / manage several projects at one time
- Strong technical problem solving skills
- Passion for LEAN/DBS/Kaizen implementation
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Understanding of unit operations, process equipment, and technology
- Knowledge of business systems, engineering, manufacturing, and financial systems
- Strong time management skills to balance day-to-day and “strategic” improvement responsibilities
- Humble and self-aware
- High energy and driven to WIN
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.