Salary: $51,890.00 - $84,694.00 Annually
Pay Grade: P40
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Personnel Policy & Procedure Manual for starting salary information.
Department: Planning & Development (Current Planning)
Location: New Port Richey
General Description: Advanced planning work that includes routine and complex technical and professional assignments in current and/or long-range planning.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an emergency. During an emergency, employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
- Essential Job Functions:Implements the Comprehensive Plan and the Land Development Code through development, research, preparation and coordination of land development proposals.
- Prepares staff reports, and analyzes and recommends amendments to the Land Development Code.
- Researches, reviews and develops conditions for development projects.
- Develops and coordinates public participation and consensus-building initiatives.
- Prepares responses to public inquiries.
- Develops and maintains computer databases.
- Provides staff assistance, makes recommendations and presents findings to committees, boards and commissions.
- Regularly creates charts and graphics and power point presentations to communicate level of service changes, work load updates and schedules.
- Performs related work as required.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Knowledge of planning principles and practices as applied to the collection of public planning data and in the preparation of public planning reports and studies, in both graphic and written form.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and participate in complex planning studies, analysis of information and formulation of substantive recommendations based upon such studies.
- Ability to interpret and administer, within delegated authority, applicable legislation, rules and regulations.
- Ability to present ideas and findings clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department heads, outside agencies, and the general public.
- Ability to address civic organizations and committees and present ideas and findings clearly and concisely.
- Ability to communicate effectively through public speaking, graphic presentation and writing skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, and strong writing and verbal skills.
- Ability to adapt to organizational and workload changes in priorities.
- Knowledge of Florida's planning laws and land development regulations.
- Ability to process MPUDs and Development of Regional Impact (DRI) applications, prepare development orders and related documents, as well as knowledge of DRI statutes and related rules.
- Ability to write staff reports.
- Working knowledge of computer applications including MS Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Word), ArcGIS, AutoCAD, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Preference will be given to those with an AICP certification or a Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
Minimum Requirements:PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written and visual communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master's Degree in a related discipline OR Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of two (2) years' of professional urban and regional planning experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid driver's license.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida law.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter 55A-7, Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.
PASCO COUNTY WAS VOTED ONE OF THE NATION'S TOP WORK PLACES FOR 2021