Bilingual Recreation Aide-English/Cantonese or Mandarin
The Allure Group is Hiring!
We are seeking an outgoing and creative Bilingual Recreation Aide to work Full Time at our skilled nursing facility located in Brooklyn, NY.
Apply Today! Give yourself an opportunity for professional growth, continuing education and career advancement.
We are looking for a Recreation Aide who is dedicated, compassionate and energetic to be a vital link between our patients, the nurses and other facility staff. The ideal candidate must have an interest in establishing recreational programs, schedules, and standards. This individual must be able to speak either Cantonese or Mandarin.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and evaluating the activity programs of this facility.
- Listening to and interpreting resident concerns and needs, suggesting appropriate programs, and communicating such needs and concerns to the Director of Recreation and the interdisciplinary team as appropriate.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family.
- Participate in discharge planning, development and implementation of activity care plans and resident assessments.
- Interview residents or family members to obtain activity information.
- Involve the resident/family in planning activity programs when possible.
- Involve the resident/family in planning objectives and goals for the resident.
- Assist in arranging transportation to other facilities when necessary.
- Coordinate activities with other departments as necessary.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as necessary.
- Ensure that all charted activity progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and indicate the resident's response to the service.
- Arrange transportation for field trips when necessary.
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submitting such to the Activity Director as required.
- Others as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed by the Activity Director.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a bachelor's degree
- Good knowledge in MS Office and data entry
- Experience with the senior population preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassionate and able to handle stress
- Fluent in Cantonese or Mandarin preferred
- Music skills a plus
- Art skills a plus