Communications & Marketing Content Specialist
The City of Bryan is accepting applications for Communications & Marketing Content Coordinator. Under the direction of the Communications & Marketing Director, this position assists with creating public-facing written and visual content for the City of Bryan's Marketing & Communications Department.
- Brainstorms, researches and writes external print, web and social content, including collaborating with multiple departments; conducts research; reviews information; creates graphic design/layout; and reviews information for accuracy, grammar, and brand standards.
- Plans and creates multi-media content for social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Nextdoor, including text, graphics and video, using industry-accepted best practices.
- Coordinates the city's website event calendar, including proactively adding and updating events from various departments.
- Compiles and plans content for the twice-monthly city e-newsletter, using Constant Contact.
- Takes posed and action photos of employees, city locations, and events to highlight the Bryan community; attends, photographs and produces professional photos from special events held outside of traditional office hours.
- Coordinates the live broadcast of Planning & Zoning Commission meetings on the city's PEG Channel.
- Designs, modifies and updates flyers, social media graphics, public notices and other simple publications for various city departments.
- Uses WordPress content management system to create content and update City of Bryan websites.
- Assists with script writing for television advertising spots, radio advertising spots, and longer-form public service announcements.
- Schedules, produces and records radio interviews of city staff for community interest provided to local radio stations.
- Assists with photo and video shoots; carries equipment; coordinates on-camera talent; and sets up for shoots indoors and outdoors.
- Retrieves files and photos upon request from the department server.
- Tracks stories produced by local and regional media about the City of Bryan and its departments.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Multi-Media Production or similar field of study.
- Some professional work experience performing communications, marketing, journalism, and/or other public relations functions is preferred, but not required.
$42,000-$48,000/year (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits
A City of Bryan online application is required. Please select apply directly through the link listed below. Be sure to attach a cover letter and resume. You will receive a confirmation number upon successfully applying. You may follow/track your application status by logging in at any time and selecting "Application Status".