Junior Interior Designer-Hunt Valley, MD
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined architecture, engineering, information technology, and related services for K-12 schools, higher education, and to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #51 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT Architecture has an immediate opening for a Junior Interior Designer to join our growing studio in the Hunt Valley, MD office. The candidate will work in collaboration with the Interior Design and Architecture groups to provide design services in all Design Studios: K-12 Education, Corporate, Higher Education, Community, Healthcare & Transportation. Sponsorship is not available for this position. As a condition of employment, hire will be required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Proof of vaccination will need to be submitted as part of the interview/hiring process.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Collaboration throughout all project phases, including programming client needs, space planning, design development, and construction documentation
- Selection and specification of furniture, finishes and lighting
- Managing client expectations and consultant coordination
- Production of design drawings in AutoCAD and REVIT
- Proficiency in AutoCAD required, proficiency in REVIT preferred.
- Ability to work well in teams and with multiple disciplines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task between projects
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Minimum 4-year college degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Interior Design Licensure/Certification and or/LEED certification preferred
- 0-5 years’ experience
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- HSA/ FSA Account Options
- Professional Development Assistance
- Professional Organization Fee Reimbursement
- Financial Planning Services
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Building Relationships and Teamwork
- Client Focus
- Creativity and Innovation
- Job Proficiency
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
- Quality Service
Work is performed within a general office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.