Entry Level Land Planner (Tampa)
CPH has an opening in its Tampa, Florida office for the following position:
Entry Level Land Development Planner within our Permit/Program Management Group. The Planner will be housed in a regional office for the Firm, but will have responsibility for projects in multiple jurisdictions. The self-motivated, and detail-oriented individual will be responsible for the reviewing zoning and land development codes for multiple jurisdictions in Florida, as well as the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions; reviewing building codes, preparation of Site Investigation Reports that identify the project’s conformity with the local zoning, permitting and building processes; assist in the preparation of Permit Applications; communicating with local jurisdictions and presenting the finding to the CPH Design Team and Client.
This position provides an opportunity for a skilled, self-motivated, and detail-oriented professional to join an established, growing Architectural and Engineering Design Firm. CPH, Inc. is a multi-disciplined firm that provides its clients complete services from project inception through construction. Our in-house professionals include Engineers, Architects, Landscape Architects, Planners, Surveyors, Biologists and Construction Management personnel. Our teams develop innovative solutions for complex design challenges and are dedicated to providing clients with the highest quality service. CPH has been in business for over 40 years and is consistently ranked as one of the Top 500 Design Firms in the nation by ENR.
Entry Level Planner Requirements:
- Ideal candidate will have a B.A. degree in Urban or Regional Planning, or related field (Geography, Political Science, Public Administration), a minimum of 1 to 3 years of employment history or internship experience. A Master’s Degree in Urban or Regional Planning from a PAB Accredited Planning Program will substitute for 1-year of experience.
- Experience preparing or reviewing land use plans and zoning petitions for approval by local Planning Boards and Building Officials.
- Experience in preparing or reviewing permitting application packages for local jurisdictional review, and ability to track applications through review processes and respond to comments from reviewers.
- Experience researching and interpreting jurisdictional policies, zoning and building codes and requirements for due diligence and entitlement projects.
- Strong report writing, written and verbal communication skills. Experience working with MSWord, Excel and Time Management programs including Smartsheets and Quickbase a plus.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team with members from multiple locations and jurisdictions.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Dependent upon experience.
- CPH offers Medical, Dental and Vision with a quality insurance company.
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability.
- 401K, Paid Personal Time Off, and Paid Holidays
CPH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug Free Work Environment Employer.