WDI Landscape Architecture Internship, Glendale - Fall 2022
We are looking for…
A Landscape Architecture Intern who will work within the department responsible for landscape architecture including hardscape, grading, planting, irrigation, water and other specialty features; special studies; and the integration of architecture, civil engineering, structural elements, lighting, graphics and utilities for the facility/attraction, land, or theme park project.
- Provide support to various area development projects by assisting in project design development and technical documentation
- Prepare area development base information documentation (e.g. existing condition descriptions)
- Provide design documentation in the form of graphic illustration, imagery boards, color renderings and research and documentation on assigned projects
- Perform various basic technical tasks and documentation, including base sheets, construction details, landscape grading, hardscape plans/sections/elevations, planting design drafting, 3D visualization and general project coordination
- Supports the landscape construction cost estimating process through collection of data for review
- Provide design and analysis in support of the production of design/construction/contract documents under supervision
What you bring to the role…
- Working knowledge in the use of plant and hardscape materials and products for thematic applications
- Demonstrated thoughtful design, artistic skills and professional judgment in solving complex Area Development problems
- Demonstrated proficiency in CADD and digital illustration tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and SketchUp
- Working knowledge/skills in 3D software tools
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Familiarity with landscape architecture design and construction techniques
- Familiarity with related areas, including architecture, land planning, civil engineering, site lighting, graphic design, etc.
- Previous work experience or professional internship related to Landscape Industry is desirable
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, in an accredited college/university, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Landscape Architecture or a Bachelor’s of Landscape Architecture degree, or similar
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2022 through early January 2023. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.