Project Architect for Resilient Building
Caplow|Manzano is hiring a Project Architect for Resilient Building.
Caplow|Manzano is a boutique green design & development firm based in Miami. Our current focus is a series of single-family residences that push the envelope of ecological design. Our goal is to build the city of the future, with particular relevance in the urban tropics.
Central features of our work include elevating for sea-level rise, maximizing solar power, targeting net zero energy, and deploying a range of voidless construction systems to manage indoor air quality. Our designs are LEED® platinum and WELL® compatible.
We seek a motivated and creative early-career professional with a strong technical background in architecture and/or building sciences. We currently have half a dozen in-house projects in stages of development, from concepting through permitting. This successful candidate will oversee one or more of these projects in a team setting.
This position is suitable for candidates with a current architectural license in Florida, or expecting licensure within the next six to nine months.
- Supervise day-to-day management of one or more ground-up residential construction projects with weekly reporting to superiors;
- Collaborate and prepare designs for review;
- Research and understand building and zoning codes and restrictions;
- Identify cost barriers to implementation and develop budgets;
- Research existing and nextgen technologies and green building techniques;
- Coordinate with scientists, engineers, architects, and equipment vendors around project implementation over an 18-24 month timeframe;
- Prepare, review and edit relevant documents (letters, research summaries, meeting agendas, etc).
Desired Skill Set
- Background and education in architecture, drafting, and building systems;
- A passion for ecology, sustainability, and design;
- Construction experience/management a plus;
- Personally organized, highly accurate, and detail-oriented;
- Entrepreneurial streak, judgment, and maturity; ability to go the extra mile;
- Strong communication skills; sense of humor; poise under pressure.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree (preferred) in architecture or an allied field with strong GPA;
- Architecture license, current or expected in the next 6 to 9 months;
- Minimum of 3-4 years work experience (beyond college)
Commitment & Compensation
Full-time. Salary 55k-80k based on experience, qualifications, and licensure. EOE.
Applicants please send a brief letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.