Crossroads Campaigns Solutions (CCS) is looking to hire a Canvass/Field Organizer for a Wisconsin mayoral special election campaign. The end date will be April 20, 2022.
CCS is a progressive political consulting firm helping organizations and campaigns with development, field programs, online tools, and communications services.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Recruiting, training, and managing paid canvassers, phone bankers, and volunteers.
- Training canvassers and phone bankers to professionally represent the campaigns to voters, and collect accurate information, and, where applicable, supervising validation of this information.
- Handle day-to-day operations of a campaign field office.
- Developing volunteer leaders to help carry out phone banks, canvasses, voter registration drives, and other events designed to contact voters.
- Meeting voter contact and volunteer recruitment goals.
- Conducting outreach to constituency groups, local Democratic parites, and allied organizations.
- Representing the campaign at community meetings and events.
- Providing accurate and consistent reports of progress to goal.
- Monitoring and reporting canvasser payroll in the field.
- Cutting turf and providing administrative support on a dialer.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A working car/ drivers license.
- Ability to relocate to Wisconsin (is required).
- At least one full cycle of field experience.
- Strong commitment to progressive politics, ideals and enthusiasm for electing Democratic candidates.
- Great time management and organization skills.
- Experience using SmartVAN/MiniVAN.
- Experience using predictive dialers.
- Discipline and a solutions-oriented attitude toward tasks.
- Ability to train paid canvassers and volunteers.
- Excellent listening skills, ability to speak and write effectively and professionally.
- Strong organizational, management, and interpersonal skills.
Salary range is $3,500-$5,000/per month depending on level of prior experience. CCS will provide a housing stipend. Crossroads Campaigns is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.