Building Envelope Engineering Inspector
SOCOTEC is a provider of niche consulting services within the architecture, engineering and construction industries focusing on high-performance buildings and specialty structures. Through an integrated, holistic approach, our professionals provide solutions for building envelope, energy efficiency, sustainability, code advisory and construction advisory projects.
SOCOTEC’s combination of expertise, experience and methods are increasingly recognized as best-in-class fueling significant growth.
Job Description - Building Envelope Engineering Inspector
As an Envelope Engineer Inspector, you will be joining a collaborative & mentorship-based team within our Envelope division. In this role you will be exposed to a variety of projects ranging from new wall construction to upgrades, maintenance and repositioning of existing buildings. The ideal candidate understands commitment, contribution, development, and communication. Take your first step with us!
What you will do
- Understand phases of exterior wall construction projects including but not limited to shop drawing, modeling, design development and construction documents.
- Conduct field review and progress inspection on designated projects.
- Track project activity by maintaining well written reports, detailed documents, schedules, effort of work and estimates.
- Ensure familiarity with building codes in local markets.
- Partner with Project Managers to advise/update on project progression for project completion.
- Establish relationships with clients and job-related management teams.
- Provide cross-functional support to ensure client needs and internal timelines/project activities are completed.
- Present project related technical information to clients and design teams.
- Occasional presentation of white paper\case studies to technical teams.
- Attend in-house seminars and scheduled team meetings.
- Maintain established utilization levels.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Architectural, Civil, or Mechanical preferred)
· Minimum 1-3 years working with building envelope design, inspection, development and/or engineering.
· Knowledge of broad architectural design theories/concepts and specific structural theories/concepts related to exterior wall construction.
· Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings.
· Strong written & verbal communications skills.
· Proficiency in MS Office and modeling/drafting software (AutoCAD, Revit, BIM)
PLUS SKILLS: OSHA and/or ICC Certifications, SPRAT certified, Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification.
At SOCOTEC, our employees are our greatest asset!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package to encourage a balanced work-life environment.
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
· Wellness programs for healthy living
· Flexible PTO and paid holidays
· 401K with company match
· Lunch & Learn programs to promote continued education.
· Commuter Benefits and Flex Spending Programs
· Bonus opportunities based on performance.
· Open-office space community to promote office camaraderie.
Visit www.socotec.us to learn more.