INTERIOR DESIGN PROJECT MANAGER - 30537
INTERIOR DESIGN PROJECT MANAGER
Department of General Services
Real Estate Asset Management Division
The monthly starting salary is $3,924 - $5,494 (determined on experience). Information regarding benefits can be found at www.tn.gov/hr/employees1/benefits
Closing Date: 05/19/2022
Who we are and what we do:
The Tennessee Department of General Services is responsible for providing goods and services to the State government of Tennessee. Its primary customers are other State departments and agencies. It also serves vendors wishing to do business with the State, and citizens and organizations interested in purchasing surplus State and federal property. The Department’s services include centralized procurement for State departments; management of the State’s real estate assets; motor vehicle and equipment management; printing, media, and photographic services; postal services; warehousing and distribution; State employee parking, badging, and shuttle services; and assistance to small businesses and businesses owned by minorities, women, and veterans. For more information about the Department of General Services please visit www.tn.gov/generalservices.
How you make a difference in this role:
The Department is currently seeking a qualified individual to assist in overseeing STREAM interior design projects within DGS. The individual in this role will be assisting in the responsibility for all aspects of the planning, budgeting, and execution of interior design projects for designated customers in all 95 counties of the state.
- Assist with projects of average difficulty through the full lifecycle by performing initial planning, scheduling, issue identification, resource and vender management, communication efforts, product procurement, deliverable definition, change orders, finish selection, on-going risk management, and project closures.
- Assist with preparing space utilization and layout design plans using Computer Aided Design (CAD) to develop and prepare project specific drawings and specifications for furniture, telecommunications, electrical, and other equipment.
- Determines technical project requirements, design specification, and concepts. Review building spatial for code compliance. Performs field measuring, concept studies, test fits, furniture inventory, and BOMA calculations.
- Assists with developing project milestones through obtaining and reviewing cost estimates and project schedules.
- Assists with developing project budgets and writing justification of estimated total project costs to submit for approval. Reviews and approves expenditures of projects to ensure appropriate and estimated budget constraints are met.
- Obtains move information from clients to coordinate and schedule the furniture, equipment, surplus, and necessary elements to be transported. Assists in maintaining, compiling, and submitting all necessary documentation for closing efforts to ensure appropriate deadlines are met.
- Communicates with designated cliental regarding project timeline, status, and finalizations. Keeps consistent communication with vendors, lessors, internal and external business partners, landlords, and tenants. Utilize internal tracking systems to ensure communication is distributed within department. Attends regulatory meetings as appropriate for assigned projects.
- Maintains knowledge of existing facilities, client standards, industry requirements, mandated codes, policies, and procedures. Apply the rules of regulations related to governing the acquisition, construction, and/or alternations of leased or state-owned spaces. Regularly refers to ADA handbook as needed. Maintains frequent communication with the State fire marshal office for all state projects.
Completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 3 years of relevant interior design experience in one or a combination of the following: architecture; evaluating and planning the renovation, construction, and installation of building system components; interior and construction space planning.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe, Archibus, and ProjectSpec preferred.
- Superior organization, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.