Planner (Zoning & Land Use)
NOVA Engineering is hiring a Planner in the Naples, FL metropolitan area. This position will be reviewing various residential and commercial building and site planning permits for compliance with applicable zoning regulations. NOVA offers full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, ), 401k with company match, company truck, cell phone, and many more perks!
- Conducts plan review of site development and site improvement plans for compliance with the Land Development Code (LDC).
- Researches, reviews, prepares, and/or approves executive summaries, zoning certificates for all businesses obtaining occupational licenses, temporary use permits and building permits.
- Presents petitions before the County Planning Commission
- Provides support to various sections within the department regarding verbal clarification and/or interpretations and research; conducts and develops research relevant to planning through the use of internet, libraries, professional organizations, experts, surveys, field interviews, committees, public meeting, etc
- Provides the public with information related to status of projects; assists the public at the front counter for any all questions related to zoning and development regulations.
- Conducts site visits of properties related to petition submittals and zoning certificates for compliance
- Meets with property owners, business owners, and residents to discuss their planning needs and concerns
- Bachelor’s degree with course work in Urban / Regional Planning, Architecture, Engineering, or related field
- One year of experience in comprehensive planning, community planning, land use, or land development regulations
- Expeirence with CityView, GIS, Land Development Code, Planned Unit Developments (PUDs), and other related tools and disciplines.
In addition to our welcoming company culture and competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy the below benefits:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental and vision
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement
- Certification reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Company paid life insurance for employee, spouse and children
- Company paid short term disability coverage
- Other supplemental benefit offerings including long-term disability, critical illness, accident and identity theft protection
- 401K retirement with company matching of 50% on the first 6% of employee contributions
- Wellness program with incentives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Use of take-home Company Vehicle for daily travel to work sites
NOVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. NOVA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.