Fall 2022 On-Site Intern, CNN Row Research
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, July 10 at 11:59 PM PST
The Row is responsible for news group-wide script and story approval, including investigative scripts, documentaries, and sensitive and controversial stories.
- Checking all verifiable facts in reporter scripts and other content for the CNN Networks, CNN Digital and CNN Newsource, including documentaries and some affiliate reports
- The researchers help manage the workflow of Row Editors and work closely with them on approving scripts
- They also prepare background information and deep research for special projects and during rolling coverage or breaking news
- The Row researchers sometimes support field correspondents by assisting package producers
- But this position is pre-eminently an editorial one, demanding detailed up-to-date knowledge of news stories, an ability to find and marshal reliable sources and communicate effectively with show EPs, reporters and The Row Editors.
- Successful candidate will have strong analytical skills, attention to detail, the ability to find answers to very specific questions - as well as an intense interest in events here and around the world
- Some editorial experience at either university or post-graduation required
- Substantial practical experience using online sources for research is required
- Field reporting or production experience at university or post-graduation desirable
- Prior research experience or experience as a newsroom assistant or AP desirable
- If you are submitting a cover letter with your application, please combine the resume and cover letter into one PDF document
- Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
- Fall 2022 program dates are October 3rd – December 9th; must be available for full program duration
- Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) required
- Company-issued computer or secured remote access provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
- Engaging events including executive speaker sessions, professional development workshops, and more