Branding and Communications Summer Intern
Who We Are
Millennium Management is a global investment management firm founded in 1989 that manages approximately $53 billion in assets as of April 1, 2022. Millennium has more than 4,000 employees with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia.
Over the last 30+ years, our mission has remained constant: to deliver the alternative investment industry’s highest quality returns to our investors, and to maintain a commitment to our principles of integrity, discipline and excellence.
The Branding & Communications team is responsible for crafting and deploying branding and communications strategies for Millennium and WorldQuant. You will have the opportunity to work across our firm-wide global activities, including executive and digital communications, branding, and internal and external messaging. If this role sounds like an exciting step in your career, we would love to hear from you!
We are hiring for two roles – one on our Branding & Communications team and the other within our Digital Marketing space.
Branding & Communications Principal Responsibilities
· Support the Branding & Communications team in the development and execution of ongoing communications strategies across channels
· Create presentations for use with both internal and external audiences
· Support the planning and execution of industry events and conferences
· Assist with media monitoring and providing support for key platforms, including Millennium’s global employee intranet and external website
· Maintain trackers and calendars of content and team/firm activities
· Conduct ad hoc research
Digital Principal Responsibilities
· Liaise with other members of the Branding & Communications team to oversee the content calendar and ensure all digital content ladders up into the firm’s strategic messaging pillars
· Liaise with the Digital Marketing team to create new digital assets including, but not limited to, videos, social media cards, infographics and website copy across relevant topics that are consistent with the firm brand and the needs of the businesses
Digital Preferred Skills
· Ideal candidate has a passion for digital media and closely follows the digital landscape and user-behavior to identify new opportunities (e.g., Instagram, TikTok) as they emerge
· Strong copywriting skills, particularly for digital media platforms
· Strong visual storytelling skills, including familiarity creating digital assets such as videos, social media cards, and infographics
· Familiarity with social media publishing tools (e.g., Hootsuite, Sprinklr, Khoros) and social listening tools (e.g., Spredfast Intelligence, Crimson Hexagon, Google Analytics) is a plus
· Rising college senior who is interested in a future career in financial communications
· Cumulative GPA of 3.2 and above
· Major in Business, Economics, Communications, Journalism, Political Science, or related field is a plus
· Strong research, comprehension, verbal, and written communication skills
· Proven ability to contribute in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks and handle time efficiently
· Excellent attention to detail with a dedication to accuracy, quality, and integrity
· Ability to get up to speed quickly on new problems, shift gears, and balance multiple topics concurrently
· Highly analytical with strong problem solving skills and the ability to balance multiple deadlines
· Working understanding of financial industry
· Excellent writing and interpersonal skills