Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Division / Title
Advancement / Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Director, Marketing & Communications
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator works under the direction and oversight of the Director, Marketing & Communications and collaborates with key staff members to develop and implement marketing and communication strategies for the purpose of promoting Loggerhead Marinelife Center (LMC) pursuant to its policies and objectives. This includes being responsible for coordinating organization-wide message and content generation through integrated communication channels.
Includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Assist in monitoring all of LMC’s digital channels for content updates regularly, including: marketing posts, events, website updates, photos/videos, and responding to Facebook comments. This includes the oversight of all of the Center’s social media channels.
• Track and report website and social media metrics weekly.
• Seek and implement marketing collaborations with other organizations that are relative to LMC’s mission. (Local tourism groups, hotels, attractions, etc.)
• Assist with community and digital promotional and fundraising campaigns.
• Submit calendar listings to all media outlets for events and programs; assist with researching new avenues for calendar listings.
• Proofread all marketing, promotional materials and donor correspondence.
• Assist in submitting and documenting grant information for all Marketing grants including, Palm Beach County Cultural Council, Google Ads Grant, and others.
• Maintain and coordinate implementation of the annual marketing & communications calendar and special events list.
• Manage LMC’s email list utilizing best practices and creative list-growth techniques.
• Assist with production of the monthly Marketing/PR report.
• Oversee inventory of promotional materials and reorder as needed.
• Manage and process invoices and expense requests.
• Represent the Center at marketing outreaches, and public and professional events as requested.
• Assist Content Producer with photography and video needs as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
• BA or higher degree in marketing, communications, public/media relations, or related field, or demonstrated minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in one or more of these fields.
• Ability to track digital campaigns and initiatives and provide analytic reporting.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and able to seamlessly communicate with a variety of different audiences.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Gmail, Outlook, and Web.
• Proficient in social media platforms (Facebook, lnstagram, Linkedln, Pintrest, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
• Exceptional project management, process management and organization skills.
• Must be creative with the ability to multitask, prioritize and maintain accuracy in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
• Desire to learn new skills and advance career through professional development.
• Graphic design experience on Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus.
• Mac proficiency is preferred.
Founded in 1983, Loggerhead Marinelife Center is a leading cultural attraction in South Florida that provides open access to all guests. Today the Center is a global leader in the research, rehabilitation, and protection of sea turtles, serving our broader mission to promote ocean ecosystem conservation. Annually we reach 900,000 guests with our transformational education programs and partner with nearly 100 organizations across six continents and 16 countries in ocean conservation. In early 2022, we will open a new 27,500 square-foot campus that greatly expands our exhibition, education, and convening space and doubles our medical facilities.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This position may involve working outdoors in Florida, often in hot and humid conditions, and at events that extend into evening and weekend hours. On occasion, it may be necessary to travel on a boat to rescue or release sea turtles, or to oversee campus preparations for tropical cyclones. Being comfortable and familiar with vessel operations will be helpful.
This is a salaried and exempt position. The successful incumbent may be required to perform tasks beyond the scope of this job description as requested by the supervisor. All team members, including newly hired, transferred and promoted team members, will be carefully monitored and evaluated for an initial introductory 3-month period. After satisfactory completion of the introductory evaluation, such team members will be evaluated on an annual basis. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. This recruitment may be used to select candidates for additional open positions.