Senior Digital Research Analyst
TMZ is seeking a proactive, results-oriented Senior Digital Research Analyst to lead reporting, analysis, strategic business insights, and digital research for TMZ & TMZ-owned touchpoints. This position will report into the Executive Director of Digital Media.
• Interpret, analyze and craft insightful analyses that tell a ‘story’, are holistic in nature, and are actionable in driving a set of recommendations.
• Deliver actionable insights related to traffic consumption, visitor behavior & preferences, and macro business and industry trends.
• Advocate for a structured content library to categorize content that inform analyses.
• Provide strategic recommendations to optimize core products & grow the business.
• Serve as the main resource for senior executives, the editorial/news desk, and other key constituents in a highly visible role.
• Lead routine (daily, weekly and monthly) as well as Ad Hoc reporting.
• Support with daily monitoring of campaigns and content performance, pulling out key trends and anomalies that identify untapped opportunities or risk mitigation.
• Help structure A/B and multivariate tests, ensuring the structure and tracking methodology can produce meaningful insights and success measurements
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Business, or Computer Science, preferred
• 3-5 years in digital analytics and/or digital research role, ideally in a publishing/media business
• Expert-level knowledge of core digital analytics systems such as Adobe Analytics and/or Google Analytics
• Knowledge of syndicated research tools such as comScore, Nielsen, App Annie, Tubular, Shareablee, etc. preferred
• Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau or Domo preferred
• Familiar with data infrastructure concepts such as Data Warehousing, Lakes, CDP, Tag Managers, Data Layers, etc. preferred
• Strong technical understanding of digital analytics implementation strategies & tagging methodology, with ability to debug / QA analytics tags utilizing tools such as Charles, Fiddler, etc.
• Ability to define measurement and analytics approaches, and effectively communicate with both technical and executive teams.
• Strong presentation skills, with the ability to communicate findings in a digestible manner to senior executives.
• Must be able to work under deadline pressure in a fast-moving organization. Flexibility in prioritizing workloads required.
• Certifications in digital analytics preferred (Google Analytics Individual Qualification exam, Adobe Certified Expert, etc.)
TMZ is a workplace that requires the COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. Requested accommodations/exceptions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis in accordance with law.
TMZ is an equal opportunity employer