Vanderweil Engineers specializes in MEP/FP and technology services engineering and construction / commissioning support for buildings, sustainable design, central heating and chiller plants, power generation, and transmission and distribution projects. Founded in 1950, Vanderweil is consistently ranked among the top U.S. engineering firms. With offices throughout the United States, Vanderweil is a company that values its clients, its employees and the environment. We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer in our Miami, Florida office. Come join us!
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and an opportunity for growth. We believe in the quality of life and work life balance for our employees, therefore currently have a hybrid work schedule.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Our wellness programs are above and beyond, as our employees’ physical and behavioral health are a priority.
To hear more about working at Vanderweil, but not ready to apply? Connect with us for information.
• Execute electrical designs for different phases of the project including schematic design, design development and construction documents, under the supervision of a Sr. Electrical Engineer in accordance with the Electrical Department’s Procedures and Standards and specific client standards where applicable.
• Utilize Revit to model electrical system components and systems in accordance with the departments and client’s procedures and standards
• Strong understanding of laying out electrical gear and spaces, sizing branch circuits, laying out devices, lighting layout and circuitry including lighting controls in accordance with the energy codes.
• Prepare backup documentation to support design efforts including but not limited to load calculations, voltage drop calculations, lighting power density using ComCheckEZ and lighting illumination levels.
• Ability to model an electrical one-line diagram in SKM and execute a short circuit analysis and coordination study.
• Fundamental knowledge of associated Codes and Standards including the IBC, IECC and the NEC.
• Fundamental knowledge of emergency systems including generators, ATS UPS systems and lighting inverters.
• Create specifications for basic projects utilizing CSI Master Format masters.
• Construction Administration activities including submittal reviews, RFI responses and Shop Drawing reviews.
• Having basic understanding of electrical construction procedures and systems/materials used in constructing electrical systems and components.
• Ability to perform site investigation surveys to support design efforts and interim and final punch list reviews to support Construction Administration and Project Closeout.
• Verbal and written communications skills to support team coordination activities.
• May supervise or schedule other team members.
• Works closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
• Mentorship to younger Engineers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering or Technology.
• PE license preferred.
• LEED Accreditation a plus
• Minimum of 5 years of experience designing of electrical systems in the MEP Building Design Industry. Strong understanding of the NEC, IBC and IECC.
• SKM, AGI 32 and AMPCALC 4 desired.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Autodesk Revit building information modeling software.
• SKM, or equivalent analysis software for short circuit, coordination and arc flash analysis.
• The preferred candidate will have excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and analytical skills.
• Fluency in Microsoft products including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Must be able to visit job sites, ascend and descend stairs, lift 25 pounds, and may sit for extended periods of time