Transportation Engineering Technician I
POSITION: Transportation Engineering Technician I
Experienced professionals and recent graduates will encounter more than just a job at Baxter & Woodman– they’ll find a lasting, rewarding career. Baxter & Woodman offers employees an exceptional work environment. We appreciate and value our staff – providing them with comprehensive benefits, outstanding 401K match and support so they can be successful, not just in the workplace, but at home too.
Baxter & Woodman has a rewarding opportunity for a Transportation Engineering Technician I in our Crystal Lake, Chicago, or Mokena office. This position will support the firm’s transportation department and assist with the planning and design of a variety of transportation facilities.
- Produce and edit engineering Roadway, Underground Utility, and Infrastructure plans using AutoCad and/or Microstation.
- Edit plan and profile drawings using Geopak and/or Civil 3D.
- Prepare CAD plan sheet drawings.
- Assist project engineers and managers with a wide variety of tasks required during project delivery.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Quantity Computation
- Plan Preparation
- Field Data Collection
- Construction Inspection
- Associate of Science (AS) degree
- Proficient in Microstation and/or AutoCAD
- Ability to travel throughout Chicago area (own transportation)
- Work in a team environment
- Strong written, verbal, computer and organizational skills
Baxter & Woodman is an equal opportunity - affirmative action – M/F/Vet/Disability employer