Talent Agency Commercial Internship
People Store is one of the top talent agencies in the Southeast and based in Atlanta, GA. We are a full-service agency, offering representation for film, television, commercial, industrial, print, voice over, live events, influencers, writing, and more. We offer three unique internships (film/television, commercial, and social media), each granting industry experience and knowledge that can be directly applied to positions in the entertainment industry post-grad.
At this time we are open to remote interns. If you are based in Atlanta, GA and are fully vaccinated as below, there is an option to be in the office. In order to work in the office we are requiring interns to be vaccinated against COVID-19:
** If you received the Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccine: “Fully Vaccinated” for this purpose means you are “up to date” on your vaccines as defined by the CDC. In other words, you must have received a booster shot if you are eligible for one under the CDC guidance. If you are eligible for a booster and have not received one yet, you must receive a booster to continue to be considered “Fully Vaccinated.”
More information about how the CDC defines “up to date“ can be found here. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to- date.html
If you received a Novavax or AstraZeneca vaccine: “Fully Vaccinated” for this purpose means you have had at least three vaccine doses in any combination of Novavax, AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson.
We are only able to work with students who can earn academic credit for the internship. The schedule, including the final start and end dates and hours each week, are determined by your school’s requirements and your personal class/work schedule.
Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include links to your portfolio.
We value diverse perspectives. Ideal candidates for this project may be Film and Television, Entertainment Media, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, and Theatre majors, or a student with a career interest in Entertainment or Talent Representation. Students seeking an acting career will not be considered at this time.
Qualifications for an Internship with People Store:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including over the phone, in person, and over the computer, as well as strong organizational skills
- Comfort with remote work and access to a reliable internet connection/personal computer and cell phone, as applicable
- Hands-on, “get things done” mentality and able to adapt quickly
- Resourceful: you see a project from idea stage through successful completion
- The ability to work both in an independent and team environment
Interns in the Commercial Department will shadow the everyday responsibilities of a Commercial Agent and get the opportunity of working hands on with actors. Some of these activities include:
- Helping to schedule and coordinate in-person auditions
- Experience with inEntertainment
- Learning casting websites such as Breakdown Express and Casting Networks
- Learning how to read and evaluate release forms, commercial contracts, and mitigate commercial conflicts for actors
- Shadow each agent and support staff member at the agency
- Will learn the differences and gain industry knowledge with Commercial, Industrial, Hosting, Print, and Voice Over work
- Sit in on meetings in order to further learning about developing and managing talent through a commercial perspective
- Learning about Southeast commercial casting directors and putting together talent submissions/pitches for independent producers, ad agencies, and Fortune 500 companies
Length: Summer Semester
Unpaid, college credit only