Water/Wastewater Engineering Intern
POSITION: Water/Wastewater Engineering Intern
Experienced professionals and recent graduates will encounter more than just a job at Baxter & Woodman– they’ll find a lasting, rewarding career. Baxter & Woodman offers employees an exceptional work environment. We appreciate and value our staff – providing them with comprehensive benefits, outstanding 401K match and support so they can be successful, not just in the workplace, but at home too.
Engineering, a Baxter & Woodman, Inc. Company has a rewarding opportunity for an engineering internship in our Houston, TX office. This on-the-job experience will support the firm’s environmental and construction groups with the design and construction of a variety of water and wastewater facilities working directly with graduate and professional engineers. A variety of responsibilities and duties will provide a well-rounded background in engineering.
- Assisting engineers with the evaluation, study and design of water and wastewater treatment plants, potable water and wastewater pipelines and pumping stations.
- Assist with storm water pond management and inspection.
- Field work, studies and design of water and wastewater system rehabilitation.
- Assist with on-site construction management through site inspection, quantity computation, and contractor communication.
- Ongoing pursuit of a 4-year degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- Maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.0/4.0.
- Available to start May, 2023
- Ability to travel throughout Houston area (own transportation).
- Work in a team environment.
- Strong written, verbal, computer and organizational skills.
AEI Engineering, a Baxter & Woodman, Inc. Company is an equal opportunity - affirmative action – M/F/Vet/Disability employer