Mercury Marine - Mechanical Engineering Co-op
Mercury Marine a Division of Brunswick Corporation
Co-op Dates: May 22, 2023 - December 15, 2023
As a Mechanical Engineering Co-op you will work collaboratively and independently with highly qualified engineering professionals who are responsible for the design, production and manufacturing of outboard and sterndrive motors for the recreational boating industry.
You will be an integral member of an engineering team committed to delivering superior results. You'll learn how to work with a team as you own and manage assigned projects from inception to completion.
As a Mechanical Engineering Co-op or Intern you may have the opportunity to:
- Support the mechanical design of various engine systems and components
- Assist with validation test plans and testing
- Interface with cross-functional teams within Mercury
- Utilize CAD software/Creo
- Gain experience in dimensional stack up experience, testing and data analysis experience, experience in managing hardware for testing, and failure investigations
- Consult with suppliers, customers, and internal departments to find solutions to problems.
- Work within the Engine Design, Design Analysis, Test & Development, or Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) teams
In addition to a great hands-on learning experience you will also acquire the skills needed to:
- Select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, criteria, and judgment in a real-world, hands-on, cross-functional environment
- Become experienced in design, failure analysis, data reduction/analysis, documenting and authenticating testing results, and technical report writing
Qualifications of a successful candidate:
- Current enrollment in a BS program with a major in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum second semester sophomore status with 48 completed credits
- Availability to work full-time (40 or more hours per week) through a full co-op term running May to December 2023
- Creative ability with strong mechanical aptitude
- Basic office skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to enroll in a formalized co-op Program through your university
- Dependable, self-motivated and engaged learner
Work for the undisputed leader in the Marine Industry! Mercury Marine, a Division of Brunswick Corporation based in Fond du Lac, WI, is a unique, fun and rewarding place to work. Our fast-paced, high-energy environment fosters professional growth and satisfaction while recognizing and valuing individual performance. If we can move boats through the water at record speeds, imagine what we can do for your career!
Mercury Marine #1 on The Water...and #1 for a great co-op experience!
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.
#Brunswick Corporation - Mercury Marine