Engineering Material Productivity Intern
Built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet!
As a Material Productivity Intern you will gain experience including, but not limited to activities and tasks listed below:
• Serve as an assistant on projects under the guidance and mentorship of Carrier Product Engineers
• Pull together all key project information including, but not limited to, CAD files, drawings, specifications, application, costs, annual volumes, models used, etc.
• Evaluate the current and historical state of product designs
• Review all relevant information in order to formulate potential solutions for Safety, Quality, Cost Reduction, Service or Aftermarket, Manufacturing improvement, or customer Special Requests
• Work closely with and present updates to cross-functional internal customers including Manufacturing, Service, Sales, Sourcing, Marketing, Product Management, Legal and Safety, as well as Aftermarket
• Conduct technical reviews with key experts and prepare final presentations of solutions to key stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven and proactive
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player and willing to collaborate with others on projects
- COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master's degree program, majoring in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineering or related field of study
- GPA must be greater than or equal to a 3.0 GPA
- Relevant coursework or previous internships preferred
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice