Project Engineering Intern
Built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet!
We are seeking a motivated, results-oriented college student to join our team for the summer of 2023. The Carrier internship experience offers interns an environment that provides practical, challenging, and meaningful on-the-job work experience, and the opportunity to apply knowledge and demonstrate strengths in efforts to assist Carrier in achieving its business strategy.
As a Refrigeration HQ FP&A intern you will gain experience to include, but is not limited to activities and task listed below:
The Product Engineering team in Athens, Ga is looking for a self-motivated engineering student to assist our team through real-world application of their Engineering skills and knowledge. The Athens Product Engineering team is responsible for all post-product launch activities including Product Quality and Reliability, Manufacturing Support, Sourcing Support, Product Safety, Special Projects, Service and Aftermarket, as well as Cost Reduction focused projects. The Product Engineering team works closely with factory manufacturing lines and the Engineering Lab where all projects are validated. Interns may work closely with the Lab team depending on their projects and the level of validation needed. We have many opportunities across these key Product Engineering functions, and candidates may be placed within respective functions based on candidate preferences and skillset match.
Candidates will be responsible for evaluating the Product Engineering challenges, considering multiple solution concepts, final concept testing, and qualification, and proposing final solutions. This will require working in a cross-functional global environment to communicate with other Product & Manufacturing Engineers, Sourcing & Quality Engineers, and Operations personnel at a factory level, as well as new product development engineers located at other facilities.
- Serve as an assistant on projects under the guidance and mentorship of Carrier Product Engineers
- Pull together all key project information including, but not limited to, CAD files, drawings, specifications, application, costs, annual volumes, models used, etc.
- Evaluate the current and historical state of product designs
- Review all relevant information in order to formulate potential solutions for Safety, Quality, Cost Reduction, Service or Aftermarket, Manufacturing improvement, or customer Special Requests
- Work closely with and present updates to cross-functional internal customers including Manufacturing, Service, Sales, Sourcing, Marketing, Product Management, Legal and Safety, as well as Aftermarket
- Conduct technical reviews with key experts and prepare final presentations of solutions to key stakeholders
Experience and Qualifications
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration principles and systems preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects/tasks on schedule
- Practical application of textbook knowledge required
- Effective communication skills (verbal & written)
- Energetic team player with proven self-motivation skills.
- Pursuing Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineering or related field
- GPA must be greater than or equal to a 3.0 GPA
- Relevant coursework or previous internships preferred